From Steph McReynolds
Stephanie McReynolds, business, management, and entrepreneurship librarian at Syracuse University Libraries, provides guidance on how to search by company name to find company profiles and how to create lists of companies using North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) industry codes in company databases.
Since this video covers a lot of material, it has been subdivided into shorter chapters, which can be reached by using the chapter navigation feature in the upper left corner of the video player. An outline of the video chapters is also listed below, for your convenience.
- Introduction: Intro and overview of searching by company name to find company profiles and using NAICS codes (already identified) to create lists of companies in company databases. (1 minute 48 seconds)
- Business Insights: Essentials for Company Research: How to find company profiles, company hierarchy, market share reports, financial information, investment reports, and SWOT reports. (4 minutes 25 seconds)
- Mergent Intellect for Company Research: How to find company profiles using a basic company search and how to create lists of companies using NAICS codes on the advanced search page of Mergent Intellect. (5 minutes 12 seconds)
- ReferenceUSA for Company Research: How to find company profiles using a basic company search and how to create lists of companies using NAICS codes on the advanced search page of ReferenceUSA. (4 minutes 38 seconds)
- PrivCo Overview (No Search Demo): Overview of PrivCo company database for information on fast growing private companies, including in-depth financial information, venture capital deals, as well as relevant mergers and acquisitions. (1 minute 10 seconds)
- Westlaw Campus Research for Company Research: How to find a company profile in the Company Dossier module of Westlaw Campus Research, with an emphasis on the Company Family Tree part of the profile. (2 minutes 41 seconds)